In preparation for the 2016 season we recommend that you do the following to get your incubator ready:
1. Check it over for any signs of rodent damage, especially the electric cable. (depends where you stored it!)
2. Check inside the top of the machine to make sure it’s all clean (you will need to remove the screws on each side of the lid)
3. Thoroughly clean and disinfect inside the main cabinet using Amo-Des dilited to 2%. We only recommend Amo-Des because other disinfectants can damage the temperature sensors and other vital equipment in the incubator. If you need to buy some, you can get it here:.
4. Give the incubating trays and hatching baskets a good clean using Amo-Des diluted to 2%.
5. If your machine has an automatic humidity system, then fill the tank with distilled water and raise the tank at lease 2ft above the top of the machine (always use it like this). Now open the top and check that the water is running into both chambers without blockages.
6. Run the incubator for 24 hours to make sure it’s fully operational.
If you have any problems or questions give us a call or send us an email.